Mutes are frustrating. We hope to make them obsolete one day, but until then here is what you need to know.
How to get your VOD unmuted:
1. Log in to Twitch and access your Video Manager via your dashboard. Click on the video you would like to appeal. Videos with muted audio have a red muted speaker icon in the upper right corner of the thumbnail.
2. Identify and select the Pretzel track you want to appeal.
3. Let us know! Fill out this form to let us know what track was flagged.
4. Within the same Twitch Dashboard, select "I have permission from all applicable rights holders to use the audio and distribute it on Twitch as part of my video".
5. Confirm the Pretzel track you've selected to appeal.
6. Fill out and sign the submission form.
This part looks daunting because it's meant to be. Acquiring legal permission from artists to use their music is serious business, which is why we toiled endlessly to create Pretzel. Each of our tracks has pages of legal connected to it, each artist has signed and granted the permissions you need through Pretzel, so you can be confident in signing off on this part of the appeals process.
7. Confirm your appeal.
But I was only using Pretzel. I should be okay, right?
Pretzel aims to be 99.99% free of complications from muted VODs and copyright claims. But we're working with hundreds of artists and managing thousands of tracks. Mistakes and false positives are going to occasionally happen. We know that having hassle-free music is the biggest draw for our users, so we work as quickly as we can to resolve those issues when they arise.
You can check the status of your appeal by clicking on the appealed video. When your video has been reviewed, you will receive an email with the outcome of your appeal.